Bidvest Namibia Cup 2014 officially launched

22 Jan 2014 19:00pm
WINDHOEK, 22 JAN (NAMPA) – The Bidvest Namibia Cup 2014 was officially launched here on Wednesday.
The tournament is set to kick off on Saturday with preliminary rounds, and these will be concluded with the final on 07 June 2014.
Speaking at the launch, Bidvest Namibia's Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Sebby Kankondi said his company is again confirming its commitment to the Bidvest Namibia Cup this year as the main sponsors.
“We will support the Namibia Football Association (NFA) in bringing the people's game close to the people,” said Kankondi.
He added that football is the most popular and loved sport in Namibia, and they will continue to bring sports closer to the people in all 14 regions.
“We are excited about the 2014 edition of the Bidvest Namibia Cup following a very successful 2013 campaign,” he said.
Kankondi added that the Bidvest Namibia Cup affords amateur and semi-professional teams an opportunity to “pit their wits” against the more established professional clubs.
He stated that with lessons learned from the first year of sponsorship, Bidvest is ready to raise the bar even higher.
The same play-off format will be followed and many of the games will be played in various towns in all the 14 regions as part of the Bidvest Namibia's commitment of bringing games closer to the fans and communities, he noted.
Speaking on behalf of NFA president John Muinjo, Honorary Vice-President of the NFA Korbinian Amutenya said the NFA is pleased with this alliance and looks forward to the future with anticipation and elation.
The launch was also attended by the Deputy Minister of Youth, National Service, Sports and Culture Juliet Kavetuna and Windhoek mayor Agnes Kafula.
The Bidvest Namibia Cup was launched for the first time in January 2013. It was previously known as the NFA Cup .
(NAMPA)
KN/ND