Man shot dead during Operation Kalahari Desert
05 Sep 2019 18:20pm
WINDHOEK, 05 SEP (NAMPA) A 32-year-old man was fatally shot during an Operation Kalahari Desert patrol at the Single Quarters in Windhoek on Thursday.
The incident was confirmed by Namibian Police Force (NamPol) spokesperson, Chief Inspector Kauna Shikwambi, in a statement that said it occurred 10h45.
The man was rushed to the Katutura State Hospital, however he died around 13h30, the statement said.
Police investigations to determine the cause of the shooting are ongoing and no one has been arrested in connection with the matter yet.
The second phase of the joint operation by NamPol and the Namibian Defence Force was launched by the Namibian Police Forces Inspector-General, Sebastian Ndeitunga last month.