Girl dies in shack fire at Rundu
05 Sep 2019 17:20pm
RUNDU, 05 SEP (NAMPA) An eight-year-old girl died in a shack fire at Sikanduko settlement in Rundu Wednesday night.
Namibian Police Force crime investigations coordinator for Kavango East, Deputy Commissioner Bonifatius Kanyetu told Nampa on Thursday the girl and three other children had been left home alone while their mother went to church.
She allegedly played with a burning candle and the other children tried to stop her, but then the shack suddenly caught fire, Kanyetu said.
The three other children, aged six, eight and 11 years, sustained serious injuries and were admitted to the Rundu State Hospital.
Police investigations continue.