Man dies in shack fire at Okahandja

07 Jul 2019 16:40pm
OTJIWARONGO, 07 JUL (NAMPA) – A 35-year-old man at Okahandja’s Nau-Aib informal settlement reportedly burned to death after a shack he was sleeping in was gutted by fire in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Namibian Police Force (NamPol) Acting Regional Police Commander for Otjozondjupa, Deputy Commissioner Moses Khairabeb upon enquiry on Sunday said the deceased was identified as Immanuel Nghilokwa.
“It is alleged Nghilokwa fell asleep with a candle on after he finished to prepare food on a gas stove at his shack,” he said.
He noted that an inquest has been opened at the Okahandja Police Station and the deceased’s next of kin have been informed.
Police investigations in the matter continue.
(NAMPA)
MS/EK/PS