N.dollars 18 million allocated for Windhoek High Court renovations

20 Jun 2019 15:20pm
WINDHOEK, 20 JUN (NAMPA) – The Ministry of Justice has allocated N.dollars 18 million for the completion of the renovations on the Windhoek High Court, which were halted in the 2015/16 financial year due to a contract cancellation.
This was announced by the Minister of Justice, Sacky Shanghala, in the National Assembly on Wednesday, when he was responding to a question by All People’s Party Member of Parliament, Reinhold Nauyoma, on the progress made so far by the ministry in the completion of the renovations.
Shanghala said the ministry terminated the contract with the previous contractor due to numerous faults and delays by the contractor without legal implications.
Shanghala added that funds that were allocated to the project in the 2015/16 financial year and were utilised in the project have been channelled to other renovation projects around the country and the erection of fabricated court structures at Ondangwa, Otjiwarongo, Rundu, Grootfontein, Outjo and Henties Bay.
He told the National Assembly that his ministry has appointed a new contractor that will resume the renovations on 01 July 2019, with the work expected to last for ten months.
(NAMPA)
ES/HP/EK