Suspected rhino poachers to appear in court at Outjo

04 Jun 2019 15:50pm
OTJIWARONGO, 04 JUN (NAMPA) - Five men arrested last week Wednesday for the alleged poaching of a rhino on a private game reserve farm outside Outjo are expected to appear before the Outjo Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.
Namibian Police Force’s Otjozondjupa Regional Crime Investigations Coordinator, Deputy Commissioner Naukalemo Andreas on Tuesday told Nampa in an interview that the men had made a brief court appearance last Friday in the Rundu Magistrate’s Court, where their case was transferred to Outjo, where the alleged poaching took place.
Andreas said the accused are Simon Petrus Mbanzi, 37, Immanuel Haingura, 42, Christopher Kanonga, 37, Joseph Kativa Ndumba, 44, and the 28-year-old Abel Dumeni.
“The accused are all facing a charge of illegal hunting of a special protected game species,” she said.
Police investigations in the matter continue.
(NAMPA)
MS/HP