Harry Simon Jr challenges Julius Indongo
24 Apr 2019 17:40pm
REHOBOTH, 24 APR (NAMPA) Harry Simon Junior has challenged former World Welterweight champion, Julius Indongo in a bid to challenge international opponents in the near future.
After winning the Namibian Junior Welterweight Championship against Andreas Nghinananye in the first round of their eight-round bout in the Independence Legacy Fight Part Two on Saturday, Simon Jr in a media release issued on Tuesday said he is ready to clean up the local Junior Welterweight division and there is only Julius Indongo left to fight before he can face international opponents.
I feel pretty confident right now and I am happy with the progress I have made so far. My trainer and mentor has taken me a step closer to much bigger fights and every fight I have had so far, was a step in that direction, he said.
The statement further said Simon is ready to match Indongo in every department.
I am ready to take on Indongo anytime, anywhere and I think that will be my biggest fight so far, a confident Simon was quoted as saying.
MTC Sunshine Promotions trainer and promoter, Nestor Tobias said he has taken note of his boxers ambitions and said it will be a fight to remember for Simon.
I am sure he has discussed it with the coaching staff and if they say they are ready, then I believe them. I am ready to make this fight happen and start negotiating
I am confident that he will win, Tobias said.