MPESW apologises for Food Bank Parcel delays
12 Mar 2019 17:00pm
WINDHOEK, 12 MAR (NAMPA) The Ministry of Poverty Eradication and Social Welfare (MPESW) on Tuesday apologised for the delay in the distribution of its Food Bank parcels to beneficiaries.
The apology was made through a media statement availed to Nampa by Esther Lusepani, the Executive Director in this ministry on Tuesday.
According to the statement, the delay was caused by internal administrative issues that affected the ability of the ministry to do a double distribution for February and March respectively.
According to the ministrys chief public relations officer, Lot Ndamanomhata, in a separate interview, MPESW has every intention of spending the money earmarked for poverty eradication by the end of the financial year, which is why there is a double distribution for February and March.
We have thus far spent 94 per cent of the money as intended, he said, adding that the institution last year was accused of having under-spent.
We dont want to repeat the same thing this year, he said.
The statement further attributed the situation to a delay in parcel distribution experienced in January as well as another delay in the reconciliation of books in the ministry the previous month.