Woman torches room at Otjiwarongo
05 Jul 2018 13:20pm
OTJIWARONGO, 05 JUL (NAMPA) A 21-year-old woman at Otjiwarongo sustained injuries when she allegedly set the room she shares with her boyfriend alight following an argument in the early hours of Thursday morning.
The woman sustained moderate burns on her arms and legs and is in a stable condition in the Otjiwarongo State Hospital.
The couples dog also perished in the fire and their property was destroyed, spokesperson of the Namibian Police Force in the Otjozondjupa Region, Warrant Officer Maureen Mbeha told Nampa on Thursday.
She said the incident occurred about 00h39 at the house in the Orwetoveni residential area, where the woman and her 21-year-old boyfriend stay.
Preliminary investigations indicate that prior to the alleged torching of the room, the woman had a heated argument with her boyfriend, said Mbeha.
It is alleged the man during their argument exited the house, and his girlfriend out of anger took a jar full of petrol that was in the house and poured it on their blankets, clothes and other items belonging to the boyfriend. She then lit it with a match, added Mbeha.