NSC fraud case awaiting PG's decision
26 Jun 2018 12:10pm
WINDHOEK, 26 JUN (NAMPA) - The fraud case involving the Namibia Sports Commissions (NSC) former acting chief administrator, Walter Haseb and development officer, Yvonne Nande is awaiting a decision from the Office of the Prosecutor-General.
Public Prosecutor Marcus Angula told Windhoek Magistrate Vanessa Stanley on Tuesday police investigations into the fraud case are now complete and asked that the matter be remanded until 27 September 2018 for the Prosecutor-Generals pronouncement on how to proceed with the case.
The postponement was effected as per an agreement reached by Angula and the two accused's privately-instructed defence lawyers Kadhila Amoomo and Vetu Uanivi.
Magistrate Stanley then postponed the case to September for the PG's decision.
Nande and Haseb are each free on bail of N.dollars 40 000, and their bail was extended until their next court appearance.
The duo was arrested by police officers attached to the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on 26 July 2017 on charges of corruptly using their offices or positions for personal gain or gratification.
They stand accused of misappropriating N.dollars 4.5 million in 2016.
Haseb resigned from the NSC on 28 December 2016, while Nande resigned at a later stage.
NSC Chief Administrator, Freddy Mwiya last year said his office has been working with the ACC for some time as they were investigating financial irregularities at the commission.
The two accused were each granted bail in July 2017 coupled with bail conditions in that they report themselves at the Okahandja Police Station every Friday between 08h00 and 17h00.
They are also not allowed to leave Namibia without the knowledge and consent of the investigating officers responsible for their case.