Tses resident denies committing violent offences

06 Jun 2018 14:50pm
WINDHOEK, 06 JUN (NAMPA) – A resident of Tses on trial in the High Court for allegedly committing a host of violent crimes, including raping and murdering a pregnant woman at the same village in the //Kharas Region in 2014, has denied the offences.
Jesaya Boois, 41, denied all the offences when he entered not guilty pleas to the charges of murder, rape, attempted murder, assault by threat and obstructing the course of the administration of justice at the start of his trial before High Court Judge Nate Ndauendapo on Wednesday morning.
Entering his pleas in the presence of his State-funded defence lawyer Titus Mbaeva, Boois denied raping and killing Bonaventura Jahs in the village of Tses between the night of 02 September 2014 and the early morning hours of 03 September.
He also denied a charge of obstructing the course of justice by cleaning up the ground around the deceased’s body, dressing the deceased’s body with a purple legging and hiding the deceased’s dress in a culvert, as well as hiding the deceased’s cellphone and SIM card by burying it in the ground.
Boois allegedly did all this to frustrate police investigations into the disappearance and possible murder of the victim.
He further denied the charge of assault by threat for threatening to stab his ex-girlfriend Anna Marie Links with a wine bottle piece on 02 September 2014.
Boois then also denied a charge of attempted murder for allegedly attacking fellow inmate Lesley Tiboth in the holding cells at the Tses Police Station on 15 June 2015 by pushing him and slapping him in the face, as well as hitting him with a broomstick on the head and stabbing him in the head with a broken piece of the broomstick.
A summary of substantial facts contained in the charge sheet has it that Boois met his former girlfriend Links in Tses on 02 September 2014 and allegedly caused trouble by insisting to know who she was dating at the time.
When Boois did not receive an answer he wanted, he then allegedly threatened to assault Links.
Links then went to the police station for assistance after which Boois was warned by the police to behave.
However, later that evening, Boois went to a bar in Tses where he met the deceased and declared publicly that he will have sexual intercourse with her, but she brushed off his intentions by telling him that she will not have sexual intercourse with him.
During the early hours of 03 September 2014, the deceased left the bar and was on her way home on foot when Boois allegedly attacked her and dragged her to a nearby riverbed where he sexually violated her.
After the rape, the accused allegedly suffocated the deceased and she died on the scene.
Boois is in police custody at the Windhoek Central Correctional Facility and his trial continues on Thursday.
Ethel Ndlovu is appearing for the prosecution.