Hitman proud of performance

19 Feb 2018 15:20pm
WINDHOEK, 19 FEB (NAMPA) - Defeated World Boxing Organisation (WBO) light featherweight boxer Paulus ‘Hitman’ Moses says he is proud of his performance against Raymundo Beltran in Reno, Nevada on Saturday.
Speaking soon after his arrival in Namibia from the United States of America on Monday, Moses said despite being disappointed at losing the fight, he was proud of his performance.
Moses fought Beltran for the vacant WBO featherweight world title and lost on points (116-112; 117-111 and 117-111) to hand the Mexican his first world title.
“I would like to thank the sponsors, my sparring partners, the Namibian government and the fans for their support. Without them, I would not have achieved what we have achieved so far. It was just not our day,” he said.
When asked if he was going to retire, he responded by saying he will meet with his team and they will discuss the way forward, but added that he feels fit enough to continue boxing.
Meanwhile Tim Ekandjo, Chief Human Capital and Corporate Affairs Officer at Mobile Telecommunications Limited who sponsor the Nestor Sunshine Boxing and Fitness Academy slammed the judges, calling them a shame to the sport of boxing.
“It was a very close fight. We also understand boxing and the score was a total disgrace. This is something that has to be rooted out of the sport of boxing,” Ekandjo stated.
(NAMPA)
KM/AS/PS