Festive weekend marred by murders

27 Dec 2017 10:10am
WINDHOEK, 27 DEC (NAMPA) – The Namibian Police Force (NamPol) is investigating a rape and two murder cases which occurred in Gobabis’ Epako residential area over the festive weekend.
According to the weekend crime report issued on Tuesday, one of the incidents took place on Saturday at Kanaan C, Herero block, at around 07h45.
It is alleged that a suspect strangled a victim while raping her, causing her to die on the spot.
The victim in the case has not yet been identified and the suspect is also still at large.
Meanwhile, the second murder incident occurred on Monday at about 00h00 at Freedom square informal settlement, also in Gobabis.
The crime report stated that a man allegedly stabbed another man with a knife on the back, leading to his death while on the way to the hospital.
The deceased was identified as 21-year-old Jeffrey Festus Tsuob, whose next of kin have been informed of his death.
A 19-year-old suspect has also been arrested and police investigations continue.
Additionally, in the capital at the Okuryangava residential area, a 32-year-old man was stabbed to death by his cousin, after an alleged argument over jackpot money.
According to NamPol, the incident happened on Friday between 21h00 and 22h00.
The deceased, Jesaya Katana’s next of kin have been informed of his death and the suspect has been arrested.
Another man succumbed to injuries on Friday after he was stabbed with an unknown object at Okahandja.
He has been identified as 39-year-old Johannes Hausiku.
One of the three suspects was reportedly arrested while the other two managed to flee.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on Sunday at Onaanda village for allegedly stabbing his brother to death.
The murder took place at their homestead at around 04h00, where the deceased’s body was discovered by their mother.
The motive of the action has not yet been established and police investigations are ongoing.
The 25-year-old deceased has been identified as Molata Johannes.
Meanwhile in Mariental, Christina Adams was shot and succumbed to injuries on Sunday morning, after a suspect reportedly entered her residence and forcefully took a whiskey bottle.
The crime report stated that the 37-year-old suspect allegedly went to the deceased’s home between 05h00 and 06h00 at Takarania township and assaulted another person with an empty beer bottle, before shooting Adams in the head with a CZ 9mm pistol.
The suspect has been arrested and the pistol is recovered.
The deceased’s next of kin have been informed and police investigations continue.