Some Oshakati land grabbers surrender
28 Oct 2013 18:40pm
OSHAKATI, 28 OCT (NAMPA) Six of 11 Oshakati residents who grabbed town land in the west of the Uupindi informal settlement since August this year, have removed their structures.
The town council on Friday ordered all 11 illegal occupiers to dismantle their structures on the land in question before Monday (today).
Spokesperson of the Oshakati Town Council, Jackson Muma told Nampa here on Monday the rest of the illegal occupiers did not comply with the order for reasons only know to them.
A police officer at Oshakati is amongst those who have not yet vacated the land.
We are going to remove the pins which they used in demarcating plots on Tuesday morning, said Muma.
He explained that the council will forcefully remove and charge those who do not want to obey.
Illegal occupiers Nampa spoke to on Thursday last week said they occupied the town land illegally because the council has failed to provide them with legal residential plots for many years now.
None of the illegal occupiers still at the area were available for comment on Monday.