Child murder accused prepares bail application
14 Feb 2017 09:30am
SWAKOPMUND, 14 FEB (NAMPA) Murder accused, Zenobia Seas made her third appearance in the Swakopmund Magistrates Court on Monday.
Seas, 32, is accused of killing her two-year-old daughter by suffocating her with a piece of cloth along the Henties Bay-Terrace Bay road in September last year.
The State refused bail due to the seriousness of the case.
Prosecutor Dalon Quickfall told the court on Monday that investigations into the matter are at an advanced stage, however the forensic investigations from the scene of the crime are still pending.
The suspect was not asked to plead.
Seas allegedly sent a text message to the girls father informing him she had killed the girl.
She is said to have put firewood under her vehicle in an effort to burn herself and her daughter inside the car. The wood was, however, not lit when the police arrived at the scene.
Magistrate Surita Savage postponed the matter to 07 March this year for the finalisation of investigations and for Seass Legal Aid lawyer, Mposikeng Dube, to brief the court on the bail application.