Police call off search for drowned man

09 May 2016 18:40pm
KATIMA MULILO, 09 MAY (NAMPA) – The Namibian Police Force (NamPol) in the Zambezi Region have temporarily called off the search for a man who drowned in the Kalimbeza floodwater some two weeks ago.
Zambezi regional police spokesperson, Warrant Kisco Sitali said the two-week search for the body of Obrien Zambwe Sabuta yielded no results.
“The search is temporarily called off. We have been searching for the body but nothing has come out of it. We had even sought the assistance of community members to search the waters but that also brought nothing,” he told Nampa on enquiry Monday.
According to police information, Sabuta is alleged to have fallen from a speeding boat while on patrol in the flood water. He was employed by the Sikunga Conservancy in the Kalimbeza area.
The incident occurred during the early hours of 25 April.
Sitali said this is the only drowning reported at the area since the flood season started earlier this year.
(NAMPA)
FS/LI/ND