Man dies from drinking pesticides, girl killed by croc
30 Nov 2015 18:20pm
RUNDU, 30 NOV (NAMPA) A 21-year-old man died on Saturday after he drank pesticide at the Shankara village in the Ndonga Linena Constituency.
The deceased has been identified as David Kativa.
The Namibian Police Force (NamPol)s acting Regional Crime Investigations Coordinator for Kavango East, Detective Chief Inspector Chrispin Mubebo told Nampa on Monday it is suspected that Kativa acquired the pesticides from the Ndonga Linena Green Scheme project where he was employed.
He was rushed to the Nyangana District Hospital but declared dead on his arrival at about 00h15.
His motive is unknown and no suicide note was found.
Kativas next of kin have been informed and investigation into the matter continues.
In a separate incident, a nine-year-old girl lost her life on Saturday in a crocodile attack in the Okavango River at the Shighuru village in the Ndiyona Constituency of Kavango East Region.
The girl has been identified as Laurentia Muyamba. She was swimming with friends when the crocodile attacked her.
Her body was found the same day and her next of kin were informed.
Mubebo is once again urging people, especially children, to be aware of crocodiles.
This time of the year is when many people go to the river to cool off and enjoy at the river, thus making people vulnerable to croc attacks. People should be cautious when they are there and parents should warn their children of the dangers posed by crocodiles, he said.