Dpa on News24. Photo: Duncan Alfreds, Fin24
Nuremberg - Five German anti-neo-Nazi campaigners on Sunday made public e-mailed threats they received in the form of individualised fake death notices.
Four of the five campaigners said in a joint statement to the press that the fake notices left nothing to the imagination about their real meaning, adding that they have asked police to investigate.
At the weekend, police in the Bavarian city of Nuremberg could only confirm one of the death notices. "Police are already investigating the offences of threat and defamation," a spokesperson said on Sunday.
The people that received the threats on Friday were a journalist from the Bavarian broadcaster Bayerischer Rundfunk, a union official, an employee of the Nuremberg Social Democratic Party and a female social scientist.
All of them stressed that they had not felt intimidated by the neo-Nazi action.
On Sunday, a Nuremberg city councillor belonging to the hard left Die Linke party published a similar death threat that he received.
Bayerischer Rundfunk said it was the first time that this kind of threat had come to light in Bavaria. It has previously occurred in other federal states, with a similar threat campaign carried out by neo-Nazis in the western German city of Dortmund in February.