F.l.t.r - Mbo Luvindao (Branch Manager: Specialist Finance ESME, Bank Windhoek); Roelien Zwart (Communication Practitioner, Bank Windhoek); Marc Backhaus (Head: Marketing and Corporate Communication Services Group Support, Bank Windhoek Holdings) and Marike de Jager (Head: Brand Marketing, Bank Windhoek).
Bank Windhoek is excited to announce the Bank Windhoek BizzKids top ten finalists for 2015. Ten teams, totalling 23 learners, will be participating in this year’s finals.
Numerous applications were received from across Namibia, like Rundu, Ruacana, Omuthiya, Windhoek, Rehoboth, Arandis, Swakopmund and Walvis Bay.
Judges of the competition had a tough time choosing the final ten teams.
“The quality of applications increases each year. This obviously makes the work of the judges harder, but at the same time it is a delight to see the innovative and creative ideas of these kids”, said Mbo Luvindao, Branch Manager: Specialist Finance ESME at Bank Windhoek.
Below are the top ten Bank Windhoek BizzKids:
1. Cornelius Kuduva (16), Klaudia Korea (16), Patima Kabunga (16) and Clothilde Sanzila (16) trading as “Everything is African” from St Boniface College, Rundu
2. Leila Nambinga (16) trading as “Rainbow City” from St George’s Diocesan School, Windhoek
3. Tanischa Booysen (11), and Innocentia Mukubi (10), trading as “Inspired Decoraters” from Holy Cross Convent School, Windhoek
4. Elizabeth Itumba (14), Adelheid Slinger (13), Tatiana Cecilio (13) and Vivalda Cecilio (14) trading as “Fourth Harmony” from Augeikhas Primary School, Windhoek
5. Lylie Iileka (15) and Secilia Iileka (13) trading as “Magnificent Sisters” from Emma Hoogenhout Primary School, Windhoek
6. Tarry Gaoseb (13) and Danny-Miguel Mittelberger (9) trading as “Tada Creative Inventions” from Delta School, Windhoek
7. Fibi Goagoses (13) trading as “Doll Fashion” from Windhoek Christian Academy School
8. Adri van der Merwe (13) ), Karin Schutz (14), Mariet Bruwer (13) and Mayvonne Swart (13) trading as “The Beach – Mocko Tini’s” from Pro-Ed Academy, Swakopmund
9. Danie van der Merwe (15) trading as “Nou gaan ons braai” from Windhoek Afrikaanse Privaatskool
10. Forbe Paulus (15) and Anna Paulus (11) trading as “My Trash My Treasure” from Kolin Foundation Secondary School, Arandis
“Bank Windhoek congratulates all the finalists and wishes them the best in their preparation for the Bank Windhoek BizzKids Market. Bank Windhoek is really excited to introduce the finalists and their products, or services, to the public at the Bank Windhoek BizzKids Market, in Maerua Mall”, concluded Mbo.
Of the ten finalists who receive a stand at the BizzKids Market, the winner will receive N$5 000 and N$5 000 for their school, while the second and third place winners will receive N$3 000 and N$2 000 respectively.