Resolutions from State House on land issue
July 24, 2015, 4:17pm
Resolutions from State House
The meeting resolved as follows:
- It was resolved that in line with the War declared on Poverty as declared by H.E the President during his inauguration and during the 2015 state of the nation address there shall be a massive nationwide project earmarked towards servicing of urban land and land allocation.
- In this regard, Government will immediately embark on a project to service 200 000 plots country wide
- On a pilot project basis, Government will start by servicing identified land in the following towns: Windhoek, Walvis Bay and Oshakati.
- It was further resolved that the period between 29 July to 5 August 2015, will be dedicated to a nationwide clearance of identified urban land.
- The aforementioned cleared urban land will be serviced, and is for future allocation.
- Under the Massive Urban Land Servicing Project, Namibians will be called upon to voluntarily participate in servicing identified urban land for future allocation.
- To that effect, a technical committee will be established to work out all modalities regarding the Massive Land Servicing Project.