Man sends SMS before killing himself

05 Jul 2015 19:40pm
WINDHOEK, 05 JUL (NAMPA) – A man sent his wife a mobilephone text message before killing himself in Gobabis on Sunday.
The incident occurred between 07h00 and 08h00 at the Hedy Car Wash business in that town.
Namibian Police Force (NamPol)’s Spokesperson, Inspector Slogan Matheus told a media briefing here on Sunday that the deceased had moments earlier first called his wife and informed her that he had left a suicide note and money in the car wash office.
The deceased, identified as Rudolf Kaseraera, later sent her a text message, saying that he committed suicide at the car wash and that she must go there.
He then shot himself. His lifeless body was found dead in his Ford Ranger vehicle with a gunshot wound to the right side of his head.
Matheus said the deceased might have also tried to set the vehicle on fire as the seats of the car were covered in petrol with a cigarette lighter nearby.
He said the deceased lived in Windhoek but drove to Gobabis on Saturday to give his son a bicycle.
Kaseraera returned to the house the following morning and gave his wife keys to their house in Windhoek, keys for another vehicle in Windhoek, and an undisclosed amount of cash meant for his son, as well as a computer memory sticks, and told her that he was going to Botswana to purchase another car.
He, however, called her moments later to inform her about the suicide letter, followed by the text message.
The couple are said to have been living apart due to marital problems. The deceased had lived in Windhoek, while his wife lived in Gobabis where the car wash business is situated.
Matheus said the contents of the suicide note have not yet been disclosed.
Police investigations continue.
A separate suicide incident happened in the Ohangwena Region after Elifas Fillemon, 50, allegedly hung himself with a rope in the bushes at the Onamagogani Village at Eenhana on Friday.
The deceased’s body was discovered at about 12h00 and no suicide letter was left behind.
His next of kin have been informed and police investigations into the matter continue.