1. KUALA LUMPUR: The government has no plan to allow contributors to withdraw their Employees Provident Fund (EPF) savings to settle credit card debts in bankruptcy cases, the Dewan Rakyat was told today.
(169 words/1453 hrs)
2. KUALA LUMPUR: The National Unity Consultative Council (NUCC) is to be set up by the end of the year to advise the government on efforts at uniting the various ethnic groups in the country.
(368 words/1622 hrs)
3. KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak today announced that the Chinese government has given approval to 11 Malaysian companies to resume the export of swiftlet nests to that country, subject to several conditions.
(795 words/1709 hrs)
4. PUTRAJAYA: The government has yet to discuss bonus for civil servants in view of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri this year, said Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Dr Ali Hamsa.
(159 words/1755 hrs)
5. KUALA LUMPUR: The two individuals who insulted Muslims and ridiculed the holy fasting month of Ramadan on Facebook can be prosecuted for displaying offensive pictures and words, Deputy Communication and Multimedia Minister Datuk Jailani Johari said today.
(216 words/1805 hrs)
6. KUALA LUMPUR: The largest national career event, the Barisan Nasional (BN) Youth Job Fair 2013 which will be held from September 27 to 29 is set to offer more than 30,000 job opportunities with over 300 companies.
(160 words/1813 hrs)
CS CS CS