TAWAU, July 12 (Bernama) -- Another man was charged at the High Court here today with being a member of a terrorist group involved in the intrusion incident in Lahad Datu last February.
Habil Suhaili, however, pleaded not guilty to the offence alleged to have been committed from Feb 9 to March 4, 2013, at Jalan Kastam Lama in Lahad Datu.
Habil, who is represented by a group of lawyers led by James Tsai, is the 30th individual to have been charged with various offences related to the Lahad Datu intrusion incident so far.
The charge under Section 130KA of the Penal Code, which provides life imprisonment and fine upon conviction, was read to him before High Court Judge P.Ravinthran in a special session at the Tawau Prison.
Attorney-General Tan Sri Abdul Gani Patail prosecuted.
When met outside the prison, Abdul Gani said the court had agreed to transfer the case to Kota Kinabalu High Court and that it would be heard with other intrusion-related cases there.
COURT-INTRUSION 2 (LAST) TAWAU
The court also set July 15 for case management.
On June 27, 29 individuals who were charged with various offences related to the intrusion incident pleaded not guilty at the Kota Kinabalu High Court and they would be tried simultaneously.
Meanwhile, James Tsai said the lawyers, who were appointed by the Philippine government, were representing 22 of the accused.