Alleged killer Dausab denies killing girlfriend

08 Sep 2014 14:20pm
WINDHOEK, 08 SEP (NAMPA) – A man who allegedly murdered his student pastor girlfriend at the United Lutheran Theological Seminary Paulinum campus in Windhoek in February this year, has denied the charges against him.
The 32-year-old Andre 'Fidel Castro' Dausab denied killing his 33-year-old former girlfriend Motlamme Gotaone when he entered preliminary not guilty pleas to a charge of murder in the Windhoek Magistrate’s Court situated along Lüderitz Street on Monday morning.
Dausab, a former information technology technician, entered his preliminary pleas before Windhoek Magistrate Jermaine Muchali in the presence of his privately-instructed defence lawyer Winston Visser.
His case was, thereafter, remanded until 07 November this year in order to allow the office of Prosecutor-General Martha Ekandjo-Imalwa to pronounce itself on the matter.
Dausab remains in police custody until his next court appearance in November 2014.
The student pastor's murder prompted President Hifikepunye Pohamba to call for Government intervention to help address the escalating violence against females by their partners in Namibia.
Gotaone, who is originally from Botswana, was allegedly stabbed at least nine times with a sharp object and also sustained a cut to her throat.
The incident happened on the afternoon of 22 February, when Dausab showed up at her flat.
The deceased person was apparently living with two roommates.
Earlier newspaper reports have it that Gotaone and Dausab had been experiencing problems and had allegedly been involved in several arguments prior to the alleged murder.
They had broken up and reunited in the past.
It is alleged that Dausab locked the flat after the incident, and then apparently called the police to inform them of the murder.
When the police retrieved the flat’s key from him and arrived at the scene, Gotaone had already died. According to eyewitnesses, her body was found near the door of the flat.
Gataone studied theology and had been at the campus for about four years before her death.