FIVE SHOOTING CASES IN KELANTAN LINKED TO TUFT WAR

12 Jul 2013 11:19

KOTA BAHARU, July 7 (Bernama) -- The police have identified at least three major drug trafficking and car theft gangs who are in bitter struggle for territory against each other, leading to several shooting cases in Kelantan.

Five shooting cases which occurred in the state since January this year were believed to be linked to the turf war, said Kelantan police chief Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman.

He said there were 10 shooting cases related to tuft war last year.

"We have identified the groups and individuals involved and are going after them. One of them was picked up opposite a bank in Pasir Mas at 4.30am yesterday," Jalaluddin told reporters at the Kelantan Police Contingent Headquarters (IPK) Kelantan here today.

-- MORE

POLICE-SHOOTING 2 (LAST) KOTA BAHARU

"The 25-year-old man, who is from Kampung Stong, Kemubu, Kuala Krai was found to be driving a stolen Proton Waja.

"He led the police to the arrest of a 29-year-old man at a house in Kampung Kelar, Pasir Mas where a gun and a bullet casing were found," he said, adding that the duo were arrested by CID officers and men from the state headquarters and Pasir Mas.

Both of them, who were remanded for four days from yesterday, are being investigated under Section 8 of the Firearms (Increased Penalties) Act 1971 and Section 8 (a) of the Firearms Act 196.

Jalaluddin said the 25-year-old suspect were arrested three times before for drugs and vehicle thefts while the 29-year-old man were picked up twice for drug related cases and both of them were tested positive for drugs.

-- BERNAMA

FBA BD LES MB