Indonesian Embassy robbed of thousands of dollars

08 Jun 2014 17:00pm
WINDHOEK, 08 JUN (NAMPA) – The Indonesian Embassy situated in Klein Windhoek was on Thursday robbed after six unknown men entered the premises through the embassy’s back gate.
The incident occurred at around 02h18.
Namibian Police Force (NamPol) spokesperson Inspector Stephan Nuuyi said at the weekly crime briefing here on Sunday the men tied the two security guards who work at the embassy up and entered the building by cutting the burglar bars on a toilet window.
They got away with N.dollars 97 600 and US.dollars 20 000 in cash; two video cameras; a pocket camera and two laptops.
No arrests have been made in connection with the incident yet and police investigations into the matter continue.
Still in the Khomas Region, the driver of a silver Nissan sedan without registration drove into a 34-year-old man. He sustained a fracture on his left knee.
It is not known when the incident took place, but according to the police Hindjou was trying to cross the road when the accident occurred.
The suspect also collided with an oncoming taxi and drove off.
He is yet to be arrested and police investigations continue.
In separate incident, a 21-year-old man was robbed of his belongings along the Western Bypass on Friday.
He had been waiting for his father at around 18h00 after being dropped off by a work vehicle in Moses Garoeb Street when he was approached by two men and robbed at gunpoint.
They robbed him of two cell phones, a watch, a T-shirt, a pair of prescription spectacles, a wallet with documents and a bag containing his work uniform.
No arrests have been made yet but the police investigation continues.
In another armed robbery incident, a 29-year-old man was held at gunpoint and robbed of a cell phone, a pair of pants, N.dollars 760 in cash and a bag of leggings he had been selling.
This incident took place in the Okuryangava residential area on Friday at around 19h20.
It is reported that a man he came across in a riverbed grabbed him and another three men held him at gunpoint. No arrests or recoveries have been made yet, and police investigations continue.