Man kills himself after slitting co-worker's throat

26 May 2014 17:00pm
WINDHOEK, 26 MAY (NAMPA) – A 47-year-old man hanged himself with a wire on a farm near Leonardville in the Omaheke Region, after slitting the throat of a female co-worker and stabbing her once in the abdomen and six times in the chest at the weekend.
Namibia Police Force (NamPol) Spokesperson, Inspector Stephan Nuuyi told a media briefing here on Monday that the victim, 42-year-old Apolonia Maritsane, died on the spot at Farm Goedgedag in the Leonardville area. It is suspected that the stabbing incident took place Sunday evening or early Monday morning.
It is alleged that the suspect walked about two kilometres from the murder scene before hanging himself with a wire. The next-of-kin were informed and police investigations continue.
In another incident, the Police in the Okavango East Region are investigating a murder case after a man known as Sampu Matheus was stabbed in the left side of his chest with a traditional spear on Sunday. The incident took place at about 20h00 at the Masivi Village in the Rundu District. A 42-year-old man was arrested in connection with the murder. He is expected to appear in the Rundu Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday.
It is alleged that the suspect was engaged in a quarrel with his wife. The deceased (Matheus), who was a family member of the wife, was killed allegedly after he tried to intervene in the argument between the couple.
It was reported that family members of the deceased allegedly attacked the suspect following the killing, and he was hospitalised at the Rundu State Hospital. The next-of-kin are informed and Police investigations continue.
In Windhoek, NamPol officers in Katutura are investigating a murder case after a 38-year-old man died after he was punched with a fist to the head in the Otjomuise residential area on Saturday.
The incident took place at about 14h27 at Otjomuise Monte Gambling House. It is alleged that the deceased refused to undergo a body search, and an argument erupted between him and the security guard.
The suspect, who is an employee of TIA Security company is still at large and the deceased person’s next-of-kin have been informed.