Woman bumped to death by boyfriend

09 Mar 2014 15:50pm
WINDHOEK, 09 MAR (NAMPA) – A 25-year-old woman died after her boyfriend bumped her and two other people with his Ford pick-up vehicle along Babylon Street in Katutura’s Luxury Hill residential area at about 04h00 Sunday morning.
Inspector Stephan Nuuyi of the Namibian Police Force (NamPol)’s Public Relations Division said during the weekly police media briefing on Sunday the deceased has been identified as Cecilia Morkel.
The incident took place in front of the house where she lived.
The driver fled the scene before the police arrived.
No arrest has been made yet, and police investigations continue.
In a separate incident, the police in Opuwo are investigating a case of attempted murder after an 11-year-old learner from the Opuwo Junior Primary School was stabbed with scissors in the head.
The incident took place on Friday at about 13h30 after the victim and the suspect were embroiled in an argument because the victim allegedly farted in the room they both were. The scissors got stuck in the victim’s head.
The victim was rushed to the Opuwo District Hospital, but later transferred to the Oshakati Intermediate Hospital. His condition is stable.
In Windhoek, a 35-year-old woman allegedly held a taxi driver at gunpoint and robbed him of his mobile phone valued at N.dollars 500 and N.dollars 600 in cash on Saturday.
Nuuyi said the incident took place at about 21h00 along Sam Nujoma Drive in Klein Windhoek.
The victim allegedly picked up the woman from Grysblok in Katutura for transport to Klein Windhoek, and upon reaching her destination, the woman pointed to the driver of a black Volkswagen Golf parked nearby, and told the taxi driver that it is her boyfriend and he will pay her taxi fare.
She then moved from the back seat of the taxi to the front left seat, pulled out a gun and ordered the taxi driver to follow the Golf. The Golf was without any number plates.
At the Avis Shooting Range, three suspects, including the woman, then robbed him of his belongings before deflating the taxi’s tyres.
No arrests have yet been made, and police investigations continue.